By Christian Dodelin, Chairman of the Committee of TUI cave rescue.
(As translated by Google Translate by Joe Sydney, UIS-Oceania)
With over 100 participants from 15 different countries, this conference is 12 ° to its promises by mixing friendliness, communication skills and demonstrations. The natural site has chosen immersed in the atmosphere with different underground cavities, canyons, gorges and rivers, but also in the history of a country rich in traditions that played a leading role in Europe.
Thank you to the organizers for hosting Bulgarians, simplicity and devotion. Among the highlights I will focus on a few papers: the work in the U.S. what we have called the syndrome of the harness, the relevance of the rescue operation conducted in 2010 in Bulgaria with spectacular ways to rescue people stranded by a rising sea levels, work on hypothermia and the many testimonies of training common to countries such as interventions with foreign reinforcements finally the contributions of cavers in disasters such as earthquake showed the Italians.
Photos Trifon Daaliev (Bulgaria), Ghada Salem (Lebanon), Oliver and Christian Dodelin Lanet (France).
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Arrivals and supported at the airport were well coordinated and enabled to be on the road with cavers from Lebanon, California (USA), then on the conference website at Dryanovo, representatives of Great Britain, Croatia, Romania and organizers Bulgaria.
CAVE RESCUE COMMISSION
COMMISSION OF SPELEO – EMERGENCY
Kommission für HÖHLENRETTUNG
Monday, May 9, 2011
The cavers arrived early in the morning. Given the program we have a time Intervention in the morning tomorrow with Olivier Lanet to present the stretcher and light various emergency dive in recent years in France.
Olivier and the dive team arrived about 9 o’clock, she is driven by a diver and Bulgarian Nina to help in the translation. A room at the campsite will store equipment and trailer while the cottage used for accommodation.
Adjustment program with Trifon Daaliev, the head Bulgarian. I convey the different film international internships in France in 2006 and 2008, emergency placements from Brazil, Romania and Mexico the past two years. As the film of the Tyrolean Pierre Rias Vercors 2008.
We have a meeting scheduled at 11 am for the Committee of the International Commission. I plans to expand this group and make it more operational, it will be presented at the ceremony Opening this afternoon.
In the foreground representations Romanian, Lebanese and French Steering committee meeting of the Committee TUI from 11 am to noon. The time is fixed early in the program we are meeting in small groups. Are Trifon Daaliev present and two cavers Bulgarian translations, Pete Allwright Grande Britain and Joseph Tabet Lebanon with Ghada Badr Salem replacement of Lebanon that can not be present.
We learn that Satoshi Goto of Japan will come qu’Efrain Mercado de Puerto Rico expected during the day. On the agenda I propose several directions and request the views of participants: Enlargement of the steering committee of the board. The current Steering Committee works with Representatives from continents to get information of geography. But we no thematic counterparts. That is to say, people in charge of an aspect of emergency such as medical, gathering information on accidents and their analysis of the statistical results …
We agree that this would contribute to better information and that the statistical work being done across many countries, this would provide lighting at the international level if a synthesis work was performed. It remains to know and receive volunteers. The failure of the website remains an unsolved problem at UIS and the site animated by Efrain was open to any practice caving in Latin America and the Caribbean, which does not meet the specific needs of the emergency committee.
As in other European countries Bulgaria has a site dedicated to cave rescue. It is the For many countries. This raises the question of the representativeness of the country when there are several structures cavers. I indicate that in terms of cave rescue we ask that a consensus be reached with all entities and whether they are present in the formations. We work well when there requests for training as was the case in Brazil and as is the case we present in Iran intervene only when an agreement was reached between the various groups.
On the medical front, the group currently constituted since the year 2010 in Austria continues work together and will meet Croatia in September. It is important that a delegate physician is contacted and included in the steering committee of the board. This was the case in the past and to renew it.
Bernard Urban worked the historical commission. His health prevents him from being here today. So I present the power point he realized the morning of Wednesday 10.Gyula Hegedus had hoped in the future contribute to this work, we will consult when it arrives. Regular contact by mail to the group will function properly and more exchanges and consultation.
A draft camp post UIS Congress caving on the rescue is underway for the next UIS Congress to be held in the Czech Republic in 2013. I have to meet the rescue team Czechs in September 2011 during a rescue exercise and develop with them a plan training for 2012, resulting in a relief camp in postconference for 2013.
Finally latter the need to create a commission cave rescue European based on the existence of the ESF. We have to consider all the structures cave rescue work and participating in our meetings today, their organizations Caving National albeit currently nonadherent to the ESF.
A structure involving caving rescue organizations in Europe must ask themselves as interlocutor with the European structures under pain of being away from the device European aid that is sure to put in place in the future. These proposals will be raised at the opening ceremony and it will give three days to participants to discuss these issues and ensure progress during the last day of the meeting. At the end of the meeting, Pete Allwright gives us the magazine “Mountain Rescue” in January 2011, No. 35 in which there is an article on Dragonnière and the intervention of British Divers.
Petar Beron (Bulgarian Federation President) C. Dodelin, the mayor of Dryanovo, Trifon Daaliev (Bulgarian President rescue), the security minister, Petar Beron In the afternoon 12:00 to 3:00 p.m. start the opening ceremony. Previously the Minister for Sport Petar Beron and arrived, president of the federation of caving Bulgaria has presented. The Minister and the Mayor of Dryanovo speak and their words are translated into English by Petar Beron. The site of this historic conference, which gives rise to reconstructions that make the region one of the most popular tourist attractions.
I speak and communicate in English text written before:
“Welcome to the 12th Conference of the Committee of TUI cave rescue. It is a pleasure for me to find many of you spent together after the placements. Since the last conference in Hungary, we experienced four years with great experiences, internships, research, and also accidents.
The first mission of the Emergency Committee of the UIS is to allow the contacts and relationships between countries. You are here because you believe that communication is important. We bring the experience and questions, we will start with projects and people resources.
Currently the board receives all organizations as members of the cave rescue world. At the head of the commission we are a few different continents to keep contact and exchange information. For the future, we must find cavers for different jobs:
Notably, one for collecting and analyzing statistics to translate to various accidents.
Another cave for the medical and last year the subject began with the coordination of a Swiss doctor.
We need a cave to collect information on techniques and emergency equipment.
About memory and history of the commission, Bernard Urban began an excellent work. He needs help to continue. Bernard gave a presentation to the commission that you will be presented later. If cavers are willing to support something or other proposals, we few days to do that.
The last point is the situation in Europe. Several cavers think like me that It is time to create a commission and the European rescue ESF can provide support administration. We must take time in the program to discuss these points. The last afternoon This conference will allow us to take options. “Following the opening ceremony of a coffee break is installed in the lobby of the hotel. We will then walk through the paths along the river on the site Drianovska output valley to rescue demonstrations carried out by Bulgarian cavers with their litter manufacturing.
A stretcher mounted on the wall that borders the canyon with a bottom-up placing on zip reach the other wall 40 meters away and then climb further up the wall by a recovery balances and nearly 30 meters back on the ground by a rope bridge oblique. All with a stretcher and in Bulgarian manufacturing techniques that are taught generalized here for over 2 years.
Conference participants can follow the sequence of the circuit of litter from a bridge spans the river at the exit of the canyon. Everything is well done although some minor aspects could be improved.
The fellow divers went on a reconnaissance in the cave until the first trap to consider the program with divers Bulgarians. We take time with Olivier Lanet and Jean Michel Vallon to recognize the site for the demonstration dive tomorrow. I sensed as a guinea pig but the beard prevents the use face mask. I’ll post pictures of the manipulation.
The day ends with a buffet for all in the little house used as a shelter over the monastery. Things are set up like me and Olivier, we have discounted the power points we have tomorrow. We are ready and the evening organized around groups of discussions in multiple languages according to the party.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
The morning until 13 hours is devoted to communications.
– The first paper was written by Nina Daalieva the history of the cave rescue Bulgarian. The exchange began in 1992, with many courses. This excellent work shows the importance of collective work between countries. This reality has contributed to the construction and efficiency of Bulgarian cave rescue.
– Presentation by Christian Dodelin medicalized intervention to rescue the Trail Eagle in Savoy from the montage by Dr. Rocourt France.
– Relief of Dragonnière by Olivier Lanet. From a power point mounting intervention is explained and its extension in the operation Hosea.
– Some supplements are made by Pete Allwright on intervention UK divers.
– The diving stretcher light of the SSF is presented both as the mounting power point then the film to the Baume des Anges. Then the material is brought into the room to see closely the constitution …
– Presentation by Alessio Fabbricatore, Italy, spare cave diving. Alessio responsible for the publication of the Italian magazine “Soccorso Alpino it Caving Soccorso”. The Cave rescue Italian born in 1863 in Turin with the mountain rescue, it is composed of volunteers who provide mountain rescue and caving. There are 32 teams Caving Relief now. A handbook of rescue cave diving is written in Italian and will translated into English soon. It can be downloaded from the website: It wwwsoccorsospeleo.it must go to the site then “scuole” to access the document.
– Rescue Diving in Croatia Ivica Cukusic. Ivica has attended several courses in cave rescue France, the last stage dive in 2010. It presents the situation in the country with resurgence whose depth reaches 281m-or siphons downhole down to 40m and located at the coast – 1421m. Ivica says missions possible Diving and rescue attempts, Croatia, diving stretcher tested over victimless siphon. Finally it reports the elements taught in the rescue diving course followed in France in 2010. He shows us the type of card they have received the organization’s relief Europe during the rescue of Dragonnière, which shows the operation that is currently to implement. Ivica evokes the need for a dive in the organization Committee with a representative who can reference existing in different countries for greater efficiency in research backing. The situation in Europe in the field help, it’s 27 states plus Croatia, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. The European system received 112 calls and passes the information on the country.Finally it evokes the interest of an international seminar on this theme: rescue diving.
A presentation of the Italian left, the right of Croatia
– Stage cave rescue in Mexico by Christian Dodelin, France. The 19-minute film This internship “technical advisor” did in December 2010 in collaboration with ERM and SSF. The operation was similar to that adopted in Romania in 2009, that is to say two courses in parallel to allow the course to get in TB management situation exercises with real relief.
– Internship International Rescue caving in France in 2006 by Christian Dodelin, France.
The advantage of this 54-minute film is to show all facets of training taught in these courses. More precisely in this stage of the Jura, where the emphasis has been placed on VSA and the clearing and explosive. The next stage is caving Relief International held in France in 2012 in the Pyrenees.
– Participation of Italian cavers extrication after a quake earth, Roberto Carminucci, a video from a few minutes. Then with another video they we show the extraction of a victim of a caving area particularly close.
The program continues in the afternoon by the demonstration of the stretcher diving into a pool on the course of the river in a suitable location Drianovska and welcoming enough to receive the hundred participants in this conference. The maneuver is performed by divers in the SSF Olivier Lanet line with Carlos Placido, Damien and Jean Michel Vallon Vignoles The victim will Caving is a Bulgarian group scuba divers and 4 will see the process in Bulgaria accompany the stretcher.
By late afternoon visit to the cave Bacho Kiro.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
– International collaboration by Hegedus Gyula, Hungary. Two emergency situations were in 2002 affecting Hungary. Rakoczi cellar in Hungary has required the participation of 3 countries (Hungary, Slovakia and Czech Republic). The operation lasted 118 hours, 289 participants with the support of 55 organizations. In Romania, an accident need also the participation of three countries: Romania, Hungary and Slovakia. The relief was lasted 36 hours, the participation of 92 rescuers and the support of 14 organizations. Following these relief operations, the goal was to formalize the collaboration between Romania, Hungary and Slovakia. The job approval has begun at cavers and organizations and states. There was already a collaboration between Hungary and Slovakia. This results in prevention, education, training, assistance in case of emergency, an application at European level. A training camp was made with Poland, and more. This requires standardization on several basis points on the underground rescue. The difficulties concern the status of the rescue: in Hungarian rescuers are volunteers in Slovakia are professional rescuers. The underground organizations are different and the financial means.
Finally the language is also different, but people often know the languages of English and 2 countries also serves as a common language. Possible developments in the future concern Alpine karst countries and countries with which the contacts already exist.
A presentation Hungarian left, right: Ukraine
– Hypothermia by Peter Temesvári Bulgaria. In case of accident, environment underground with the cold and humidity can cause hypothermia. The inability movement contributes to this situation. It should isolate themselves from the cold by staying dry, avoiding contact with air currents and with clothing that does not block traffic blood. The symptoms are the appearance of pale body, feeling cold, acts irrational, confused and agitated, lethargic. This may turn into unconsciousness and coma. The low blood pressure … complications are arrhythmia, the voltage drop, respiratory difficulties and this can lead to death. Earlier problems coagulation and blood circulation occur. The solutions are in providing food, development hot spot, setting thermal underwear, octopus by sending hot air. The use of the blanket is interesting. To transport a duvet adapter is required. The use of plastic bubble provides good insulation (bubble warp). Caution in severe hypothermia to make a gradual warming to avoid death. Making hot drinks may be aware that if the victim. Not to introduce fluid if the temperature is below 36 degrees. Absorption Hot air can be by inhalation and the use of “little dragon”. For medication in hypothermia is important to use sparingly for treatment avoid allergic reactions to specific victims.
– Introduction of technical training in FFS cave rescue in Russia Chanysheva and Cherednichenko. The courses were held with the SSF in 2006 and 2008. The Russians have created a federation and for the development of the cave they rely on training and competition (as stimulus). The next competition (the 8) will be held in June 2011. Movies and photographs illustrate the training and assistance changes until the last stage with the SSF. A first course was facilitated by the SSF in 2004 in Ukraine. Newspapers have been made showing that association. Ukraine has the deeper chasms in the world and you are invited to participate in expeditions. Film Presentation of the course in 2009 in collaboration between Ukrainians and Russians. After several days learning cliff, with an application underground distribution Assignments for 40 people. The exercise is done on a cavity for 370 meters depth. Phone use underground. Using the stretcher Nest.
– Mounting with emergency situation in Russia. The presenter has received and rescue operation for drives for backup. The relief is made by underground cavers while outside professional help it is operating. In the emergency there is always control everything that happens. The presentations show techniques with double strings. The accident has created in society emanation of volunteers.
– Training aid in Italy by Roberto Carminucci. The training is aimed at volunteers. The medical aspects are the subject of protocol with programs aid. There is a national school for teaching techniques and preparation a manual for the end of the year. There is a technical committee that works currently on a new stretcher and the protection of the victim helmet). The collaboration is made with all bodies of state (army, police …)
– Accidents Cave Diving in France by Olivier Lanet. With the evolution of hardware divers use mixtures and scooters which permits longer explorations.
Caving in relief we follow this trend and we need more equipment and handle communications underwater. Medical equipment should include also boxes in case of decompression sickness. There are around 100 divers in our rescue in France. In 2008 an accident Verneau used for divers contact cavers trapped. In May 2008 two Czech divers die a siphon of the Pyrenees Orientales …. The overview of interventions in divers Relief underground shows they are involved in both relief to cavers for divers. The afternoon is devoted to scuba divers output with divers Bulgarians for an introduction to handling and balancing the stretcher. A section of river offers an environment with sufficient visibility and less common the site used for the demonstration.
For others, a cultural outing on several nearby sites are organized to see in a First a church that brings together important old paintings in the style of religious Orthodox. The visit takes place at a site in Tryavna overlooking the valley and the city back into an Site focuses on artistic painting. Then a village of which is restored and maintained in the style of housing shows in a traditional house converted into a museum a work of woodcarving. It shows the carved wooden statues of the kings of Bulgaria. This journey takes us back history of Europe with developments in Bulgaria in alliances and wars that have opposed to the Greeks but also to the Turks in past centuries. In this village of Veliko Tarnovo visited the house contains carved wooden ceilings with need six months to two sculptors working in competition (the teacher and student) who have not been allowed out for all time to their work.
The last visit will be devoted to the medieval fortress Tsaverets. The town of Tarnovo was the historic capital of Bulgaria from 1186 to 1393, until its destruction by the Turks.She was considered the 3rd largest city at that time after Rome and Constantinople. The walls were reconstructed identically and offers an impressive landscape. A church converts into a museum offers a warrior style murals showing the new monarchy once the Turks pushed out of the country.
The evening will be occupied by a cocktail that gives rise to many discussions. For my part with fellow divers, one of the leaders of Slovenia and the Italian team.
Thursday, May 12, 2011
– The history of the relief committee of the TUI by Bernard Urban, Belgium, from mounting power point he has done.
– The international relief caving courses in France by Christian Dodelin.
– Relief from 4-5 December 2010 in Bulgaria Atanas Duhlata Rucev. A group of people with non-cavers found himself stuck in the bottom of a labyrinthine cavity. Rainy important occurred in the night. It took a village to seek information for know the intentions of the group. The possibilities of intervention have been studied but Diving to access proved impossible, unthinkable a borehole it remained only wait. There have been accidents in the same cave in the past. In the opinion of geologists, two major sources should be linked to networks and may allow a junction with people trapped. Resources have been requested from the State unclog sources. A mechanical digger was used to enlarge the passage of water. Then 3 huge rocks, shovels with breezes then continued the work and the explosive was used. The flow source was then increased, facilitating the overall decline levels in the mountain karst upstream. The next evening the water level in galleries were down 5 meters and allowed penetration of a group of Rescuers who did join up with the people stranded. At the same time Minister arrived in the village. The media have shown much on the successful outcome of this intervention. The survivors were able to stand 3 meters above water level. Every 2 hours there were measures of water level. The decline caused by unblocking probably saved the people stranded. From a flow of one cubic meter per second flow in flood rose to 8m3 / s.
– Hypothermia by Dr. Martin Ivanov, Bulgaria. The limits of hypothermia are 15 ° equivalent to one death and irreversible. The symptoms are presented on a graph showing for each drop in temperature what happens to the victim of 36 ° to 19 °. 4 degrees in the state of the victim happens to consciousness with trembling of unconsciousness and respiratory difficulty. The presentation of possible actions depending on the degree the reach of victims is designed for standards and practices in the mountains. Also exposed Previous provides opportunities to intervene in caving.
– Telephone communication by Nikolai Gladnishki cave, Bulgaria. A system has been developed with a single light wire to reduce weight and bulk. Contact ground replaces the 2nd thread. The accessories are just 370 gr, batteries have a range April-May hours. A microphone is independent of the position. The batteries are 4.5 to 6 volts for 1 ampere. Unlimited position may be simultaneously on the line. 400 m wire on a reel weighs 1 kg 200 which was added 800 g of reel. There are two possible channels. The system was tested on 1 500 m in the cave. The ground contact can be made only by the body of the operator. The cost would be 30 euros.
– Digital Underground Radio by Pete Allwright. Two parallel efforts are underway England and France. Work in England by Graham Naylor should be ready in 2 or 3 months. The performance of communication should be 2 miles distance. This will always require an antenna on the ground 30 to 40 meters. Or a loop antenna. There will be a Bluetooth connection. The radio network will be built by a professional and should cost 400 euro per unit. – Latest model stretcher Bulgarian Vanio Stanev. It is detachable and rolls in a bag. It adds elements for stiffness. The stretcher can be placed in every positions. Elements reinforce the stiffness in trauma cases in column spine.
– A hoist system is presented by the Bulgarians. 2 pushers connected to a bar in which incorporated a pulley can climb the rope in such a situation pumping. The bar should be set on a tie before being activated for allow pulling the rope. This material produces the same action that a hoist. Still, its size and usage in an exclusive feature does not apply significant relief. This remains an invention original technique.
– Drill gasoline by Georgi Staytchev.
– Medical Information by Vladimir Pashovski, Bulgaria. Information concerning the attitude be in the presence of a victim in different situations and states that victim. This which is the medical form used by lifeguards for the Information doctor.
– Conclusion and closing of the 12th conference by Petar Beron.
Gyula Hegedus of Hungary confirmed its interest in working within the historical aspects of the commission. It is the same for Nina Daaliev of Bulgaria can be a resource person to complete the documentation or to interpret it. His work on the history of the Committee Bulgarian rescue comes introduce new elements. Finally Badr Lebanon agrees to contribute to this historical theme and may intersect with the subject Gyula.
Dive Aid: The Croatian proposal in his speech Tuesday morning to have someone referent to monitor the area and cave diving emergency and initiate a collective effort.The proposed training in France in October 2011 could serve as a support. Creating a European rescue committee receives approval from many participants and suggestion is very strong, especially from Viorel who is chairman of the Romanian Federation but also countries of the Balkans. The example of European operations during the rescue of Eric Establie confirms the need to set the organization ranks as the referent for cave rescue closer to Europe.
The Italians want to do an interview on this topic for their newspaper. This is Wednesday evening for over an hour when we review the friendly atmosphere of this conference, projects the UIS commission with experts to incorporate into the management team, and finally on design of emergency management and the problems of reinforcement from the experiences head of the SSF.
Draft year international relief proposed by Slovenia. Ales, who joined us on Wednesday proposed the establishment within 2 years of a major exercise from the bottom of the abyss depths of Slovenia to over 1300 meters deep by an international team from a maximum of European countries. The course is doing as a real warning and early response by local teams and the reinforcements arriving successively according to their means of transportation and being engaged in a rigorous management as we advocate and practice. Ales needs the backing of the UIS and the support of a commission European cave rescue to validate the project, set up, for financial support Europe. This is an opportunity to show the merits of European cooperation and designate structures and stakeholders and practitioners in disaster relief policies Europe.
Lifeguard manual in English, many people wonder if it is possible to have access electronic form to this manual on the website of the SSF. Ukrainians and other countries demand a paper on the management of relief in English. The project for September will be a response to this request and our Internship may have to move on this aspect.
Media during the conference I was asked for interviews with a string of radio and with the Bulgarian National Television. Interview by the Italians for their review.
Technical information at the request of Ukrainian cavers who are interested to come to next international seminar in the Pyrenees. Next appointment “medical” and “Testing and technical” 15 to 18 September in Croatia: http://speleologija.hr/rescue/meeting/
Committee meeting UIS:
Opening of the group with Gyula history. Diving rescue diver with the Croatian.
Statistics with Badr. Medical, Dr. Ueli Nägeli be contacted for an individual group join us. Web site committee: We make a significant step forward with contributions Efrain Mercado. He started a site for FEALC simple and functional. The reference is YOLA. The prices on the web site may be free for 5 pages or less $ 100 per year for space unlimited. We can keep the same web site name of the commission. The site is American. There has the possibility of instant translation of texts in the language of the applicant. The information can be written in any language. Proposal to begin with website free for 2 or 3 months to test the efficiency of the system. We want the creation of a commission relief in Europe, either independently or attached the ESF. This will depend on people and their choice but we will mail to all countries for invite this.
On the approval of the fiscal year in Slovenia we agree but we can not accept this because is not our function at the international level. This would be at a European level to position. The initiative and the objectives are interesting and are an additional step to the construction of a European commission. Thanks to the Bulgarian cavers for organizing this conference. The place and the country for the next conference in 2015 will be offered to European countries, Lebanon would be interested. To see homes on the spot if he receives favorable reviews. Once the meeting ended with Efrain we create free website with few pages. I ‘m practicing to make text and pictures. Upon my return I will make a presentation of the site and communicate access to the officers to test for a month before acquiring financial unlimited pages and put into service for anyone interested by the emergency. The site is created on the server yet to make any proposals of home pages, etc. …
Last evening: Visit Monastery Dryanovo with Efrain Mercado and Spanish. Then last night with those who stay a few more days here. I see Slovenia and Ales agrees with him next steps for the proposed international rescue exercise. The divers have been diving on a seemingly unimportant cavity, the cave “Peshterata” near the town of Velikotarno, but it is not the first siphon dipped to 80 meters from the entrance leads to a first development immediately followed by a second siphon who is ready to market, but off on lack of breadcrumb. It seems that the output is 5 meters higher. In addition to the first 280 m, the cavity is occupied in its first part by a large colony of bats. From the photos and description can be sure the presence of horseshoe bats, large or euryale. The bats remained in place tight against each other could not be taken in pictures.
In another cave where Laureano Gomez Ramoz, a Spanish went for a demonstration underground telephone, he brought photos of a swarm of Minioptères Schreiber. Go is taken tomorrow morning to see what’s going on.
The morning of Friday, May 13 is employed differently depending on whether it is organizing with the storage, or the departure or that we enjoy a few hours of exploration. It only takes a fifteen minutes walk to reach the cave which served as capture below the cave Bracho Kiro. The latter housed the remains of Neanderthal man from 100 000 years ago. When our visit it was home to three small horseshoe bats. It is not the same for the catchment area. We observed a group of more than 2000 minioptères still hibernating (the weather was still cold at that time), two other groups of 20 and 50 minioptères sheltering in cracks near the entrance. Near the cluster several groups of large horseshoe totaled 70 individuals. Within 200 meters of the following cavity a few isolated individuals completed the picture.
A cluster of bats minioptères 3 m long with an average of 0.70 m wide. Dryanovo We left late morning to reach the capital Sofia and are went through a mecca of Bulgarian cave life. It is there that took place many training sessions, camps and internships: the cave tunnel Prohodna. Cave tunnel Prohodna porch from 40 to 50 m high Meanwhile the team of Franco-Bulgarian divers continued the work of training and exchanges in the cave Doshnika. It ended in a trap coming down to 7m ending with some impenetrable at this level. During the exploration of our team instead of staying to 7m, divers have taken an advanced step down additional 2 m and outlet can post a gallery of large volume, the result was found … So divers Bulgarians remained encamped on hand to present the Fins Saturday morning and continue exploring.
A DVD contains the various presentations of this conference 12 °. The site of the Bulgarian enter the conference for later download movies. We received the Italian publication “Soccorso Alpino it,” we find the analysis of the 20caving accident in 2010, with their description and statistical analysis (p 23 to 26).The cavers rescue activities (training, diving) of the Apulian regional team (p34 to 36). A intervention in the Abruzzi (p 37-39). The report of two kilometers and cave exploration Diving in the Caucasus (p 40-44).
CBET No. 1 (36) 2010, Ukrainian Journal caving. Among the articles, there is an account of UIS Congress in 2009 to Kerville in Texas and a history of cavities have been record world in depth. Gift of a series of postcard gypsum caves of Ukraine.
Speleorient No. 5 June 2009 the ALES Lebanon (Lebanese Association for Studies Speleological): a hundred pages devoted to the discoveries and explorations in Lebanon. An account of the course International in France in 2006 (p 104-106). An abstract (p 107) for the 11th Conference of the Relief Committee at UIS Aggtelek in 2007.
Mountain Rescue in January 2011, Great Britain. In this review article on the relief to Dragonnière given on pages 28 to 31. Pete Allwright we shall also document on accidents in 2010 in Great Britain as every year. The 27 caves have relief involved 43 people injured and 3 free for 2010. In comparison with previous years Britain has recorded 31 accidents in 2006, 28 accidents in 2007, 40 accidents in 2008, 32 in 2009 and 27 in 2010. The curve is decreasing since 2008. Past 5 years Hypothermia is an important factor (21 cases out of 54).
End of report.
By Christian Dodelin, Chairman of the Committee of TUI cave rescue.